Connected TV (CTV) is simply a television that connects to the internet (you’ve heard about all that cord cutting, yes?). OTT (“over-the-top”) refers to video content that is served over the closed television system.
With over 11,000 people cutting the cord daily, the popularity of OTT/CTV is growing by leaps and bounds.
Here are a few questions to ask your vendor to get an apples to apples comparison of your OTT proposal.
- What percent of your videos are served on mobile? What percent are served on Connected TV?
- What attribution tools do you have?
- What kind of audience targeting/audience curation are you using?
- What is your geographic targeting?
- Are you targeting via IP addresses or GPS?
- What does a sample report look like?
- Can you match existing database lists?